Leica 10772 M-P (Typ 240) 24MP SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Silver Chrome)
- Scratch resistant display-cover made of sapphire glass
- Long-lasting readiness to capture due to a large double sized image buffer of 2 GB
- Pure look without the Leica Logo and "M" lettering on the front side
- Manual viewfinder frame selection with the traditional 'frame selector'
Marrying minimalist design elements with celebrated image quality, the silver chrome Leica M-P (Typ 240) Digital Rangefinder Camera pairs a full-frame image sensor with the quality and tradition Leica's reputation was founded upon. Featuring a MAX 24MP CMOS sensor and Maestro image processor, the M-P realizes rich image quality with low noise levels and smooth color and tonal gradations. The sensor and processor combine to also avail a top sensitivity of ISO 6400, full HD 1080p movie recording and 3 fps shooting for up to 24 consecutive frames. Unique among digital cameras, this camera maintains Leica's preference for a rangefinder design and incorporates a 0.68x optical viewfinder with split and superimposed manual focusing, automatic parallax correction, and manual image field selection. Conversely, the camera also features a 3.0" 920k-dot LCD with sapphire glass covering to maintain the overall durability of the magnesium alloy and brass body. Distinguishing itself through unobtrusiveness, the M-P also carries the select designation of no front-facing Leica logos in favor of an engraved Leica script on the top plate.
As with past M-series cameras, the M-P retains the ability to utilize the vast network of M-mount lenses and is also compatible with Leica R-mount lenses via an optional adapter. When working in live view, and since focusing operation is entirely manual, focus peaking and 10x live view zoom can be utilized to ensure critical focus. An ergonomic body design places all of the necessary camera controls within reach during shooting, including top shutter speed and drive mode dials, as well as rear menu navigation buttons and selection dial located atop the thumb rest. The rugged metal body also integrated rubber seals throughout its design to render the M-P dust- and weather-resistant for sustained use in trying conditions.
- Leica M-P (Typ 240)
- Featuring a classic, minimalist appearance, the M-P has an unobtrusive design that omits the traditional red dot and front-facing 'M' lettering in favor of an engraved Leica script on the brass top plate.
- MAX 24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro Image Processor
- Featuring a full-frame Leica MAX 24MP CMOS sensor, this camera is able to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video with marked image quality and low noise levels. When combined with the Maestro image processor, a sensitivity range of ISO 200-6400 is available, which can further be expanded to ISO 100 for working in brighter conditions.
This image processor also facilitates faster overall performance, and works in conjunction with a 2GB image buffer for longer sustained shooting sequences of 3 fps for up to 24 consecutive frames.
- Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
- The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.68x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and LED-illuminated frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6'. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 47.1mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.68x).
- 3.0" LCD Monitor and Sapphire Crystal Cover
- Complementing the optical viewfinder is a 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor, which permits live view monitoring with the ability to utilize focus peaking and 10x zoom features to better ensure critical sharpness. Focus peaking highlights bright edges of contrast, in red, green, or blue colors, when they are in sharp focus, while the zoom control allows you to home in on fine details within the scene.
This monitor features a scratch-resistant protective cover made from sapphire crystal glass for added durability and protection. Furthermore, anti-reflective coatings are used on both sides of the covering glass for greater visibility in bright light conditions.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported, in both 24 and 25 fps frame rates. HD 720p recording is also available, as well as VGA 480p at 30 fps. A monaural microphone is incorporated into the body's design and features manual audio level control during recording.