Leica D-LUX (Typ 109) Digital Camera
The black Leica D-LUX (Typ 109) Digital Camera is a compact point and shoot camera that is built around a large, 12.8MP 4/3" MOS sensor which allows for greater depth of field than is possible with smaller-sensor cameras, plus more effective light-gathering ability per pixel. As a result, subjects can be better isolated within the frame and more details are apparent in darker areas of the image with less noise.
The 4/3" 12.8MP sensor provides high-resolution output, and with its bright, optically-stabilized DC Vario-Summilux f/1.7-2.8 lens, as well as an ISO range expandable from 100 to 25,600, the D-LUX (Typ 109)'s ability to perform under low-light conditions is further enhanced. Even during sunny days or when shooting with a flash, the effect of the built-in lens's wide apertures is more apparent due to the 17.3 x 13.0mm sensor with regard to depth of field. Either close-up or far-away subjects can be easily separated from their backgrounds that are then rendered with a pleasing blur, making the D-LUX (Typ 109) an excellent choice for subjects ranging from macro, street photography, photojournalism, landscapes, or for whenever a highly-capable compact camera is desired.
For those who wish to capture high-resolution video, the D-LUX (Typ 109) offers NTSC or PAL UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) output at 30p or 24p, which can be saved as easy-to use MP4 files. When lower video resolutions are sufficient, 1080p full HD or standard definition video can be selected instead, and results of any resolution can be played back on the camera's large, sharp 3.0" 921k-dot rear LCD display. During capture, the subject can also be viewed through the camera's 2764k integrated electronic viewfinder.
Stills and video are saved to SD-type cards, up to and including those with SDXC capacities. To help preserve fast performance even while capturing high-resolution still photos or video, high-speed UHS-I SD-type memory cards can be used. While photos and videos can be downloaded from the memory card, Leica has provided additional options for sharing content taken with the D-LUX (Typ 109) even more convenient. Integrated Near Field Communication (NFC) and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n allows for smartphones or tablets with the Leica Image Shuttle app the ability to record pictures even while shooting. The app can also generate a live image from the camera and settings can be controlled though the app as well.
An advancement among point and shoot cameras, the D-LUX (Typ 109) shares the design and quality aspects photographers associate with Leica. The metal housing is sturdy and elegant, with well-placed tactile buttons and dials that further inspire the user's confidence.
- Large 12.8MP 4/3" MOS Sensor
- The large area of the 17.3 x 13.0mm sensor contributes to better control of depth of field as well as improved shadow detail over versus smaller-sensor cameras. Details, contrast, and colors are accurately captured too.
- Fast f/1.7-2.8 Leica DC Vario-Summilux Lens
- The integrated f/1.7-2.8 Leica DC Vario-Summilux Lens maintains excellent light-gathering ability even when fully zoomed, helping to free the user from exposure limitations, even in low light. This 3.1x optical zoom lens provides an angle of view equivalent to a 24-75mm lens on a 35mm film camera and is optically stabilized to help counteract blur caused by user movement.
- Excellent Low-Light Performance
- Along with a large sensor and a bright lens at all focal lengths, and ISO range of 100 to 25,600 helps to ensure that low-light is not an obstacle to capturing the image. The 12.8MP over and area of 17.3 x 13.0mm sensor and maximum apertures of f/1.7-2.8 can help to minimize noise at all ISO settings.
- UHD 4K Technology
- The potential of the camera's large, 12.8MP 4/3" MOS sensor is further exploited by the ability to record UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) video. MP4 videos can also be recorded in full HD 1080p or standard definition resolutions according to the NTSC or PAL standard.
- High-Resolution Viewing Options
- Images and videos can be played back on the camera's large, sharp 3.0" 921k-dot rear LCD display. When it is preferable to use a viewfinder, the camera camera's integrated electronic viewfinder can be used instead.
- Wireless Connectivity
- Paring the with a smartphone or tablet is made easy with integrated Near Field Communication (NFC) and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n capability. Devices with the Leica Image Shuttle app can have images sent to them as images are taken with the camera. The app can also be used to show a live image from the camera or to control camera settings.
- Multiple Exposure Modes and Tactile Control
- Exposure modes include program, aperture-priority, shutter-priority, manual, as well as 22 creative control modes. Exposure set can be quickly set via an aperture ring and shutter speed dial. Placement of these controls directly on the camera body allows for faster reaction to changing lighting conditions while providing constant confirmation of the chosen shutter speed and aperture.
- Durable and Elegant Body
- Featuring a metal body, the D-LUX (Typ 109) is built to last. Buttons and dials are thoughtfully laid out to help ensure that the camera's features always remain a benefit and never and obstacle to the user.
- Included Flash
- An integrated hot shoe and included Leica CF D external flash provide supplemental light when wanted while avoiding to drain the camera's battery.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is available as a free download from the Leica website with the purchase of the Leica D-LUX (Typ 109
In The Box
We Also Recommend