3.6x zoom with exceptional AF accuracy and quiet operation.
For those seeking an affordable, versatile all-in-one zoom lens for their DX-format DSLR camera, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm is a great choice. Its practical 55-200mm zoom range handles group shots, landscapes, portraits and more, while its telephoto capability brings everything closer. Plus, it delivers close-up shots at 200mm with a Maximum Reproduction Ratio (R:R) of 1/3.5x -- great for macro-style shots of flowers, insects and more.
- Versatile and ultra-compact with a powerful focal length range of 55-200mm designed exclusively for Nikon DX format SLRs.
- Ideal 3.6x zoom lens for portraiture, sports or wildlife photography.
- Compact rod-type Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high speed auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements achieve minimized chromatic aberration and superior optical performance.
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm for more natural out-of-focus highlights.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions.
- Focus mode switch enables quick switching between autofocus and manual.