generation Panasonic Lumix S5 II Mirrorless Camera is equipped with a host of new features to bring your vision to life. Benefitting from a new sensor design and an updated processing engine with L2 technology, the S5 II is the first Lumix camera to offer Phase Hybrid AF for fast and precise autofocusing performance. Making full use of the 24.2MP sensor and enhanced processor, this camera records 6K video for up to 30 minutes, while unlimited 4K video capture is available as well. Optimized for video, the S5 II is also equipped with a new Active I.S. system, which supports walking shots to further enhance image stabilization while recording video.
Borrowing from Panasonic's broadcast line of video cameras, Dual Native ISO helps to achieve a balanced combination of low noise and high sensitivity to better suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Two dedicated circuits are provided for each pixel: a Low ISO circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 100 for normal use, ISO 640 when V-Log is applied, ISO 400 when HLG is applied, and ISO 200 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied; a Low Noise circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 640 for normal use, ISO 4000 when V-Log is applied, ISO 2500 when HLG is applied, and ISO 1250 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied.
- Used in conjunction with other members of the L-Mount Alliance, the L lens mount is a versatile interface with a mount diameter of 51.6mm and a flange distance of 20mm for working with a broad range of optics. Additionally, this camera allows for the use of all the classic and modern Anamorphic lenses that have been in use for over 60 years.
- A high-resolution 3.68m-dot OLED EVF offers a clear 0.78x magnification along with a smooth 60 fps or 120 fps changeable refresh rate.
- Large 3.0" 1.84m-dot LCD is a bright, clear means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles, and its touchscreen design affords intuitive settings control.
- An 8-direction joystick and easy-to-use menu design enables quick and efficient operation.
- A USB-C port allows for fast file transferring as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, a new full-size HDMI-A port benefits video applications, a 2.5mm port can be used with the optional DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter, and 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs.
- Dual SD memory card slots — both UHS-II-compatible — offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- An industry-first, the S5 II utilizes a built-in cooling fan to suppress the camera's internal temperature for extended or unlimited recording.
- A robustly-built magnesium alloy body with a dust and splash-resistant design accommodates working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Real-time LUT enabling color grading to be done in the camera itself
- Live cropping allows in-frame panning and zooming while recording video
- In addition to conventional 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 16:9 ratios, photos can be recorded in 65:24 and 2:1 panoramic formats
- Color Shading Compensation corrects the bluish/reddish coloration on the periphery that may occur when older lenses are mounted
- Compatible with Lumix Tether for remote photo and video shooting via USB
- 4-channel 48 kHz or 96 kHz 24-bit recording with optional DMW-XLR1 XLR microphone adapter
- In-camera USB PD battery charging with optional DMW-BTC15 Battery Charger