The Sony RX10 III gives you pro-level features for capturing high-resolution still images and stunning 4K Ultra HD video, in a convenient all-in-one package. For digital content creators looking for an all-in-one multimedia solution, this high-performance camera delivers quality results. Its large, back-illuminated CMOS sensor and speedy processor combine to make it super-responsive, with high-speed autofocus in as little as 0.09 seconds and continuous shooting at up to 14 frames per second.
A stellar built-in lens
The camera's 24-600mm lens gives you enormous range to capture everything from sweeping landscapes to tight close-ups of subjects way off in the distance. Bright maximum apertures at either end of the focal range allow sharp handheld shooting, even in challenging light. You can also shoot wide open in extremely bright light and get well-exposed images with defocused backgrounds like you never thought possible thanks to the added speed of the electronic shutter and a built-in ND filter.
Advanced features for videographers
The RX10 III records 4K video at up to 30 frames per second. It also produces stunning, low-noise, Full HD video which, at 120 frames per second, blows most of its competition right out of the water. High frame rate (HFR) shooting is also possible, at up to 960 frames per second in Full HD resolution, for clear, smooth action in 40X super slow motion. A multi-interface shoe lets you connect professional accessories, and a 3.5mm microphone input lets you add an optional microphone to capture balanced audio to match the camera's video quality. The enhanced Zebra function tells you which parts of a scene are overexposed so you can easily make adjustments, and Gamma Display Assist allows you to view the scene with natural contrast on the LCD or in the viewfinder.
Advanced features like Picture Profile and the S-Log2 Gamma setting let you adjust color, gradation, and dynamic range for richly detailed movies in any light. A clean HDMI output sends uncompressed movie data to an external recorder or monitor. You can keep recording internally to the camera even when using this function.
Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization allows shake-free handheld video shooting.
Your phone adds functionality
Built-in Wi-Fi means you can instantly transfer photos and videos from the RX10 III directly to your phone or tablet for easy uploading and sharing. NFC touch pairing is also available for compatible Android™ devices. Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps include free and paid apps that complement your photographic style and interests. There's the indispensable free Smart Remote Control app that lets you use your mobile device to control shooting on the RX10 III, along with specialized apps for things like light painting, time-lapse, stop motion, and multiple exposure, plus plenty of editing effects to fine-tune your photos and add your own personal touches.
- 20.1-megapixel effective recording
- built-in f/2.4-4 24-600mm (35mm equivalent) ZEISS® Vario Sonnar T* zoom lens
- 25X optical zoom
- large 1" (13.2 x 8.8mm) Exmor RS™ back-illuminated CMOS sensor for low noise and exceptional sensitivity
- BIONZ X™ image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- solid magnesium-alloy body with dust- and moisture-resistant design
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, and Memory Stick® PRO Duo™ media
- up to 14 frames per second continuous shooting at full resolution
- 3" LCD screen tilts upward 107 degrees and downward 42 degrees for easy framing of self-portraits and composition from odd angles
- up to 4K video resolution
- 8-megapixel still photos can be extracted from 4K video files
- 2-megapixel still photos can be extracted from Full HD video files
- shutter speed range: 30-1/2,000 seconds, bulb
- up to 1/32,000 seconds with electronic shutter; for clear fast-action photos and slow motion video
- HDMI output passes uncompressed video to an optional external monitor or recorder
- ISO range: 100-12,800 (expandable to 128,000)
- Wi-Fi lets you transfer photos and video to smartphones and tablets for easy image sharing
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- PlayMemories Camera Apps let you add new camera functions and capabilities
- manual control ring can be assigned to control different functions, including zoom and aperture value
- nine aperture blades allow smooth background defocusing
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization minimizes image blur and camera shake
- face detection and subject tracking improve portraits and keep moving subjects in focus for sharper photos
- high-speed autofocus
- Eye AF control for accurate eye detection; can prioritize a single pupil when subject is partially turned away from camera
- 9 scene modes (including Macro, Night Portrait, Landscape and more) for accurately exposed images in different shooting environments
- Picture Effect modes like Soft Focus and Retro Photo let you add creative touches
- Sweep Panorama mode stitches images together to create expansive vistas
- multi-interface shoe expands camera's compatibility with external flash and video accessories
- digital level gauge helps you line your shots up evenly
- zoom assist helps you keep focus on moving subjects at telephoto focal lengths
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- micro (Type D) HDMI output (cable not included)
- high-speed micro USB interface
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5-1/2"W x 3-3/4"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight (with battery and memory card): 38.6 oz.