- World's lightest 400mm F2.8 super-telephoto lens - The remarkable light weight and excellent balance of the FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS lens - weighing it at only 6.38 lbs. - is achieved through an innovative optical design that includes three fluorite elements as well as the liberal usage of durable magnesium alloy components
- XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors for fast, precise, quiet AF - To make full use of the rapidly evolving performance speed of modern and future camera bodies, the lens's focus group is driven by two - newly developed - XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors that achieve higher thrust and efficiency than conventional types of AF drive motors
- G Master quality with superior focusing speed up to 20fps - All lenses bearing the G Master brand are designed to extremely high standards, ensuring that outstanding contrast at high spatial frequencies is maintained right out to the image edges.
- 3x fluorite elements, 1x ED glass element reduces flare and ghosting - Based on a new optical design that conforms to stringent G Master standards, the FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS includes three fluorite elements and one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that help to reduce chromatic aberration, a common problem in telephoto lenses.
- Wide F2.8 max aperture - The wide F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field while also allowing maximum light for shooting in almost any condition.
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh - Complementing the wide F2.8 aperture are the 11-blade circular aperture blades that result in soft-edged bokeh that is a hallmark of the Sony G Master series.
- Nano AR Coating - Sony's original Nano AR Coating is applied to interior lens surfaces to effectively suppress reflections that can lead to flare and ghosting, significantly enhancing image clarity and contrast.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization significantly reduces blur - High-performance Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is built right into the lens for sharp, blur-free images with a wide range of subjects and handheld shooting.
- 4x customizable multi-function focus hold buttons and function ring
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Liberal use of magnesium alloy
- 1.4x and 2.0x tele-converter support, with high imaging and AF performance
- Instant auto/manual focus selection
- Fluorine front-element coating
- Full-time DMF
- Linear Response MF
- Focus range limiter
- Drop-in filter slot - that accepts 40.5mm ND and other filter types, as well as the optional VF-DCPL1 Drop-in circular polarizing filter.
- High-speed, accurate AF tracking at F22 aperture
- Strong, lightweight carbon fiber lens hood
- Increased mount strength and reliability
- Versatile high-durability tripod mount
- Supplied hard carrying case
- Function ring - The FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS includes a new function ring with switch selectable for PRESET (preset focus), FUNCTION and OFF positions.
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
Extended Warranties Available:
You Pay: $11,998.00
(Ships in 1-2 Business Days)
(Ships in 1-2 Business Days)
Have a Question?
Extended Warranty Protection Plans
Extenders, Converters, Close Up Accessories
Caps & Lens Holders
Lens Cleaning & Care
- Lens Type: Interchangeable lens
- Lens mount: Sony E-mount
- Format: 35mm full frame
- Focal-length (mm): 400
- 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C): 600
- Lens construction: 17-23 (Including one filter)
- Angle of view (APS-C): 4°10'
- Angle of View (35mm): 6°10'
- Maximum aperture (F): 2.8
- Minimum aperture (F): 22
- Number of Aperture Blades: 11
- Circular Aperture: Yes
- Minimum focus distance (m): 2.7
- Minimum focus distance (ft): 8.86
- Maximum magnification ratio(x): 0.16
- Filter Diameter (mm): 40.5
- Image stabilization: Optical SteadyShot
- Teleconverter compatibility (x1.4): SEL14TC
- Teleconverter compatibility (x2.0): SEL20TC
- Hood type: Round shape
- Dimensions dia. x length (mm): 158.1 x 359
- Dimensions dia. x length (in.): 6-1/4 x 14-1/4
- Weight (approx.) (g): 2895
- Weight (approx.) (oz.): 102.2
• Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
• Hard Case
• Lens Strap
• Case Strap